Saturday, December 18, 2010

{inspiration} black, gold, & white wedding

This week was our floral meeting for my upcoming January Bride's wedding... I love when we do the floral meeting because I believe that the floral design elements play a huge role in communicating what the overall personality of a wedding will be.  In the case of this wedding it will be a sleek black, white and gold affair with elements of timeless glamour... with some hints of the show Mad Men to further communicate this wedding vibe.

After the meeting I pulled together a lot of the eye candy the bride, her mom, and I have been sifting through and here's what I've put together!



Just to give you a little bit more of a sneak peek at this wedding I'll share with you the wedding invites, which were created by my sister business Joie de Vie Paperie.  They're keeping the event primarily black and white with touches of gold, so we did the same for the invites.



 The monogram tag shape was a last minute change up, we had originally planned to use a circle shape, and then I realized this bracketed frame die shape would be far more swanky... and then their monogram was stamped onto it.... I just love the way the gold pops off the black!


And here's the whole suite laid out... sorry these photos are just from my digital camera right after production.... I really need to have them professionally shot to do them justice!
Their invites were initially inspired by Kristina's invites {of Lovely Morning and 100 Layer Cake}... but we made some modifications and voila!

Now I don't want to spill all the details about the event, but I really am falling hard for this wedding style... the floral designer said it best the other day...

"I seem to fall in love with the wedding I'm currently working on"

.... and I am falling hard for this one!

:: :: photo credits :: :: left to right, top to bottom
{2, 5-6, 8, 10-14,} Jl designs  
{16} Ikea



No comments: