Thursday, February 25, 2010

sweetheart dinner party p.2

Ok I have to say a BIG HUGE thank you to my friend Shayna of Huff Photography for bringing her super fun, nice camera to take some great photos of the party... otherwise I might not have even posted them! 

Withought further ado here are the rest of the party pics...
Above was the focal piece of our little shindig - we hung red & coral-y pink tissue pomanders mixed with paper lanterns covered w/ paper hearts 
{the hearts I cut using my handy dandy cricut machine, love that thing} 
they all hung in front of a cute light aqua patterned panel of fabric.


Me mixing up a glaze before our dinner for our lemon blossoms, 
one of the many desserts on the dessert menu!



We wrapped some aqua grograin ribbon around some pint sized mason jars for our fruity water {pictured} and our pink lemonade... I also brought another insect out of the craft room for the heart drink flags - the cuttlebug is an embossing machine which I used to give the pinky hearts flags a swiss dot texture {cute raised bumps}... of course keeping in mind the color scheme!


Here's one of my not-so-pro photos of the beverage area...



I promise we did actually eat a meal, not just drink colorful beverages and eat sweet treats... everyone helped by bringing apps, rice, salad etc... the main course is hiding inside the chafing dishes.  
I highly highly recommend these chaffing dishes 
{they're from Costco and usually show up in the store around Christmas time} 
but they are so handy at all our our family functions and they're not half bad to look at too!


We set a long table down the length of our dining/living area 
{apartment living isn't the MOST ideal for entertaining, but hey, we made it work... sort of}

I found this awesome sparkly aqua ribbon which I used to roll all the silverware up in, placing them at each spot - along with a box of sweethearts and a vintage bottles which had each guests' name & acted as place card which held a flower to help add a little color on the table.

Side Note: the day of the party I went to my then trusty florist to pick up my ranunculus, peonies, and other flowers I had pre-ordered to find that not all of them had come in and the ones that had were hardly open... so we improvised and picked out all the open white ranunculus and snatched these red & very  fun coral carnations {which are one of my least favorite flowers usually} but looking back the colors were wonderful and I am now singing a different tune about carnations...  btw, some of them are still thriving 2 weeks later with a trim and fresh water every few days!


Back to the details: here's a close up of the place card labels I created for each of the bottles, we had a great mix of bottles {which we found at a local flea market} they were old listerene, baby food jars, and apothecary jars {shown below too}
 
After dinner it was time to head to the bowling alley, so the plan was for everyone to pack a goodie bag of whatever dessert items they wanted to take with them.  Below is a view of the spread - mini snickerdoodle cupcakes, mini red velvet cupcakes, white chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, 
m & m's, paula dean's lemon blossoms {to die for}, and of course brownie bites!

 Above you'll notice the goodie bags - which had a matching label to the evite graphic, the place card labels and read "sweet treats" which is also what the heart shaped banner above the dessert table read. Also the hearts on those bags were embossed like the drink flags were with my handy dandy cuttlebug... these bags were pretty helpful since we were all stuffed after dinner and not ready to enjoy the treats yet!

Here's the mommy-to-be showing off the goodie bags! 
Her little tummy makes me smile every time =)


ok folks, I've gotta call it a night, but next up I'll show you my DIY crafts and our impromptu prom posed couples photos from that night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute party!!